Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.yorgrip.co.uk
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
At Yorgrip we strive to protect your privacy and rights. We have set forth this statement to explain the information we collect from you, how we use that information, and your legal rights regarding that information.
White Cross Ring Company Limited are committed to protecting your privacy, including your personal data. We will be the data controller of any personal data which we collect from or about you. This Policy sets out the terms on which we will hold and process your personal data. If you have any queries about this policy or how we use your data, you can contact us using the contact details below.
We will collect information from you when you become a customer or supplier, or contact us in person by telephone, by email, by post, by fax or by social media.
We may record images of you on CCTV when you visit our premises. We also collect information from you when you voluntarily complete customer surveys, enter a competition or promotion, provide feedback or complete a contact form on our website. All data held by our website provider is held on third party servers that are active and backed up exclusively in the EU. Our website is backed up regularly and copies held for 30 days. The security of our website is taken very seriously and the servers are protected by industry standard security protocols. Information may also be collected about you when you visit our website, such as your IP address and other browser generated information. A list of all the cookies used by our website is found below with a description of their purpose.
We may collect information about you from credit reference agencies when we undertake checks such as credit and identity checks and we may also collect information about you when we follow up any references you may have supplied.
We may collect the following information:-
- Your contact details or those of your employees, such as name, address, telephone number and email address.
- Your date of birth, nationality, country of birth, country of residence, employment status and tax identification number (National Insurance Number).
- Details of any goods or services you sell to us or ask us to supply.
- Details of your credit history and any records held by financial crime prevention agencies, on the Electoral Register and by providers of utility service.
- Details of your income status, income and source of wealth.
- Your physical appearance and your activities when you visit our premise.
- Any data we collect via marketing activity or customer satisfaction surveys.
Before we can contract with you for the purchase or sale of goods or services, we may need to obtain certain information about you to verify your identity so that we can meet our obligations under the Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing or Funds Regulations 2017 and any other applicable legislation and for the purposes of assessing our credit risk. You are obliged to provide this information and if you do not provide it we may not be able to contract with you.
We will use information held about you in the following ways:-
- To undertake checks such as credit and identity checks to enable us to comply with anti – money laundering obligations and for the purpose of assessing our credit risk.
- To comply with our contractual obligations.
- To help protect your information and prevent unauthorised access to it.
- To deal with any queries, complaints or problems reported by you.
- For payment verification, debt management and debt recovery.
- As input into our customer satisfaction analysis.
- To enable you to participate in our promotions and competitions.
- To enable you to participate in any interactive features we may have on our website and to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner.
- To generate statistics relating to the use of our website.
- To allow electronic transfer of legitimate business documents such as statements and invoices.
- To allow the electronic transfer of money via online banking systems.
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that we already provide to you. You may opt out of receiving this information when we collect your details or at any time by contacting us using the details below.
- If required by law and to the extent necessary for the proper operation of our systems, to protect us/our customers, or to enforce the terms of any contract that we have entered into with you.
- To notify you of any changes to the terms of business.
- To ensure our premises are secure and remain a safe working environment.
Our use of your personal data will be for one or more of the legitimate interests described above.
We may disclose your information:-
- To businesses that are part of the same group of companies or become part of that group.
- To our IT partners and others who provide us with support services (such as shipping and delivery) to meet our contractual obligations to you.
- To our appointed accountants, lawyers, and other professional advisors, to the extent that they require access to information to advise us.
- To credit reference and other organisations to allow us to undertake the checks set out below
- To debt collection agencies or to the Court.
- If required to do so by any legal requirement.
- To law enforcement agencies and others in order to investigate or prevent fraud or activities believed to be illegal or otherwise in breach of applicable laws.
- To HMRC if obliged to do so by law, who may pass this on to tax authorities in other jurisdictions.
- If we or substantially all our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers may be one of the transferred assets.
We will not disclose your information to third parties other that as outlined above.
As part of our contracting process we may carry out several automated checks using your personal data. These checks include credit checks, identity checks and involve us obtaining information such as credit history and employment history from credit agencies, the Electoral register, providers of utility services and trade references.
The information obtained from these checks is used by us to determine if an account can be opened or whether further information is required.
Credit reference agencies will record details of our search and may record whether or not your application to contract with us is accepted. We may make periodic searches with credit agencies to manage your account.
We may provide information to financial and other organisations involved in fraud prevention to protect ourselves and our customers from theft and or fraud. If false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud is identified or reasonably suspected, details may be passed to fraud prevention agencies who will record this. This information may also be accessed by law enforcement agencies.
We will only keep your personal data for as long as we need to fulfil the purpose (s) for which it was collected, as set out in this policy, and for as long as we are required to keep by law.
We retain personal data collected in connection with the performance of our contractual obligations to you and the information provided to us for checks and anti- money laundering checks for 20 years after performance of our contract with you. You may require us to delete personal data once that period has expired unless we are required to retain the personal data for a longer period by law.
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorised access and disclosure.
We may transfer, or allow access to, your information internationally including to countries outside the European Economic Area when performing our contractual obligations to you. We will ensure that your personal data is adequately protected when it is transferred outside the European Economic Area in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
You have the following rights which can be exercised by contacting us using the details provided below:-
- To ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes.
- To access personal information held about you and obtain a copy of it.
- To prevent any processing of personal data that is causing or is likely to cause unwarranted and substantial damage or distress to you or an another individual.
- To obtain the rectification or completion of personal data which are inaccurate or incomplete.
- To restrict or object to the processing of your personal data and to request its erasure under certain circumstances.
- In certain circumstances, to receive a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly-used and machine readable format and the right to require us to transmit that data to another data controller where technically feasible.
- To be informed about any use of your personal data to make automated decisions about you, and to obtain meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and consequences of this processing.
- To lodge a complaint about the way in which your personal data is being used.
- To withdraw your consent to any use by us of your personal data otherwise that for one of the legitimate purposes set out in this policy.
We reserve the right to amend this policy at any time. Any substantive changes we make to our policy in the future will be notified to you in writing.
White Cross Ring Company Limited
A list of cookies used on the White Cross Ring and Yorgrip Website
|__utmt||Google Analytic:||used to throttle request rate.|
|DYNSRV||Hosting Provider:||This cookie is believed to be used for load balancing to manage server traf?c demand.|
|PHPSESSID:||Used by multiple companies, but usually this cookie is necessary to provide you with access to secure areas.|
|__utmc||Google Analytics:||Not used in ga.js. Set for interoperability with urchin.js. Historically, this cookie operated in conjunction with the __utmb cookie to determine whether the user was in a new session/visit.|